Promoting your YouTube video on social media platforms can be a useful way to increase its visibility, get more views, get new subscribers, increase engagement, spread awareness and reach a wider audience. However, each social media platform is different and works in a specific way. For example, Twitter allows less content per tweet as compared to other popular social media platforms, Instagram is more image and photo-based and short videos based. Facebook allows mixed content. Users on different social media platforms also interact with content in different ways depending on platform.
Here are top ten tips for promoting your YouTube video on social media:
- Use relevant hashtags: Hashtags can help to increase the visibility of your video on social media platforms, so be sure to use relevant hashtags that are related to your video’s content. Certain hashtags work for each social media platform so you want to keep that in mind as well.
- Share your video on multiple social media platforms: Don’t just rely on one social media platform to promote your video. Share it on multiple platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and LinkedIn.
- Use eye-catching graphics: Use eye-catching graphics, such as a thumbnail image or a short video clip, to grab the attention of your followers and entice them to watch your video.
- Write an engaging description: Use the description field to provide more information about your video and to entice viewers to watch it.
- Use calls to action: Encourage your followers to watch your video by using calls to action, such as “click here to watch” or “check out my latest video.”
- Collaborate with other creators: Collaborate with other creators in your niche and cross-promote each other’s videos. This can help to expose your video to a new audience.
- Run paid social media ads: Consider running paid ads on social media platforms to promote your video to a targeted audience. But do not overdo it.
- Utilize social media influencers: Partner with social media influencers to promote your video to their followers. By doing it you will also make solid connections in your industry and you will get a chance to learn from other creators.
- Share behind-the-scenes content: Share behind-the-scenes content, such as photos or videos, to give your followers a glimpse into the process of creating your video. Your followers will love it.
- Engage with your followers: Be sure to respond to comments and engage with your followers on social media. This can help to build a community around your video and encourage more views.